National Shortbread Day on Thursday 6th January.
Pretty Sweet and mylegoman have linked up to bring a special treat to you this festive season to help you celebrate National Shortbread Day in style with Claire Clark’s signature shortbread.
We know that you’ll love Claire’s Shortbread, with its wonderful buttery taste and firm but light crumb, its deliciously irresistible. The perfect accompaniment to National Shortbread Day, 6th January… If you can wait that long!!! and if you need to top up the biscuit tin before the 6th Janaury here is Claire’s recipe from Indulge.
Claire Clark’s Recipe For Shortbread.
225g Plain Flour
75g Caster Sugar
1 Vanilla Pod
150g Unsalted Butter. (at room temperature)
50g Granulated Sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas 4. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and add the caster sugar.
- Using a sharp knife, slit the vanilla pod open lengthways and scrape out the seeds with the tip of the knife. Add the seeds to the bowl, along with the butter.
- Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the dry ingredients. As the mixture begins to come together, use your hand to help it form a dough (alternatively, you could use an electric mixer with the paddle attachment on a low speed to make the dough).
- Shape the dough into a ball and flatten it slightly. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to about 1cm thick. Cut into 15 oblongs and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the baking sheet around and continue baking for 10 minutes, until the shortbread is golden brown. Remove from the oven and dust with an even coating of granulated sugar. Leave on the baking sheet to cool.
Shortbread Tips from Claire Clark.
(1) Cutting the biscuits into oblongs or squares will give you a higher yield and prevent wastage and unnecessary trimmings.
(2) For a perfectly even finish, use a tea strainer to dust the biscuits with sugar when they come out of the oven.
Chef Claire Clark Instagram
How To Celebrate National Shortbread Day, Thursday 6th January.
Create a few minutes of “me” time. Some of Claire’s Shortbread, a fabulous pot of Tea and your favourite tunes then tell Social Media about your magic moment.
#shortbreadday #claireclark #mylegoman
For more delicious treats form Pretty Sweet, the high-end Patisserie catering service from international Pastry Chefs Claire Clark and Sarah Crouchman. Pretty Sweet have a Online Shop, with nationwide delivery. As well as a Delivery Service in London and Milton Keynes. For bespoke orders get in touch with Claire and Sarah via the links below.